What is National Technical Honor Society?
The National Technical Honor Society is an educational non-profit that exists to honor, recognize, and empower students and teachers in Career & Technical Education. As the honor society for Career & Technical Education, NTHS serves over 100,000 active members annually in both secondary and postsecondary chapters across country.
Since its founding in 1984, nearly 1 million students have become NTHS alumni. NTHS honors the achievements of top CTE students, provides close to $300,000 in scholarships annually, and strives to help connect education and industry to build a highly skilled workforce.
NTHS helps members to:
- Seek postsecondary education by awarding over $300,000 in scholarship annually.
- Position themselves ahead of competition in today’s highly competitive workforce.
- Earn recognition for superior achievement in career and technical fields.
- Build career portfolios with professional letters of recommendation.
- Connect to global career and technical education networks.
- Discover opportunities with leading business and industry.
- Serve in leadership roles in communities and industries.
And most importantly . . .
NTHS helps schools recognize students for their achievement in career and technical education. Members receive a membership certificate in a professional presentation portfolio. In addition, members receive an official NTHS diploma seal, graduation tassel, lapel pin, and window decal to show their affiliation with NTHS.